Love Lost

1:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

by The Temper Trap

Still can't get over it =.="
Last weekend, Good Vibes Festival 2016 (GVF) was held at The Ranch @ Genting Highlands. It was one of the music festival that I've been wanting to go since they've brought in Death Cab for Cutie last February (unfortunately, I couldn't go as I was away in Aussie). And since I couldn't get tickets to see Tame Impala (organised by Urbanscapes), I chose to invest on joining into this festival. Plus, Urbanscapes wasn't really doing a main 1 day event like they've done it in their previous years (I went to see their art exhibit instead). The first band I heard coming to GVF was Two Door Cinema Club. Little did I know, the list goes on and the bands are to die for (for me atleast)! Thus due to this overwhelmed feeling of withdrawal, I've decided to take you all to the day I get to see the bands that I've been in love with.

1st day - 4pm - 12/8/2016
Tryna blend in to the crowd.

I got to the festival at about 5pm. Little did I know that the organisers were having technical difficulties and had to delay the schedule. I saw couple of people were denied access after their ID got checked. I guess they're not old enough to get in or maybe couple of months short. Regardless, I got in without a hiccup. The first thing I look for was food! While munching away, local bands were playing on the stage, visitors took their pictures at various booths (looking like a coachella goddess!), jumping on trampolines and sliding on a blowup slides. It was wonderful!

SEVEN COLLAR FREAKIN' TSHIRT! Photo via All is Amazing (check out their other cool photos!)
Seven Collar Tshirt was one of the local bands who played and one of my favourites. They were amazing (within their 30minutes set)! Soon after, another band played for another 30 minutes. There were no breaks, band played from one stage to another. Did I tell you that they have 2 main stages, sitting next to each other? Honestly, maneuvering from one stage to another were tiring especially when you have to constantly fight your way in to get a good spot to stand on.

6pm


Excuse my excessive grinning-ness. I'm with Dougi Mandagi from The Temper Trap yall!

I was sitting casually on the left side of the Red Stage and comes this majestic-hair-man, merging out from the corner. Me and my partner were freaking out, like a bunch of groupies. We took quite sometime to decide whether or not we could approach him (creeper) and take a picture. Honestly, no one noticed him. There was this dude casually sitting beside him while I walk (nervously like a schoolgirl approaching her crush) towards him wondering if he would ask us to leave him alone or go with it. And thankfully, being such a cool guy, he let us disturb his moment and take some photos.

And The Temper Trap performed.




It was awesome! The band played couple of new numbers, as well as the oldies. And of course, Sweet Disposition was played. He crowd surfed, I got elbowed on my face. Ahaha!

I will continue on part 2. Stay tuned...

0 comments: