Youth

12:30 PM Unknown 0 Comments

by Troye Sivan

Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking. - Marcus Aurelius

It's been quite a rough year for me. Career wasn't going where I've expected and I walked out the second it went south. Told myself that I need to take care of me and I can't afford to go down that road again. Although I haven't been able to get a grip on my stability, I took a chance and did things that I've always wanted to such as:

1. Continuing my degree

That's my 5 years plan!

It wasn't easy. Sacrifices had to be made. Thankfully, the people that I care about were behind me 100% when I made that decision. Bachelor of Communications with Honours, 5 years, 3 semesters each. Not so bad, I guess? Even one of my favourite Youtuber Marzia Bisognin is continuing her studies, why can't I? Gambatee!!!

I still have other things to sort out before I start my classes and assignments (never thought I would go through that again)! Plus, I'll be starting a new career path soon. Insya Allah.

2. Travel to a place where I can use my bomber jacket again!

This place has been on my wish list for quite some time and it would require me to dig up all of my winter clothes (yang telah lama berkubur bertahun lamanya)! If that doesn't happen, I'll go back to my favourite island of Lombok. *cross fingers*

3. New baby
Hi! My name is Ali :)
This little fella fell from 2 stories high when he was just 1 month old. Now he's 4 months old, healthy and hyper active! Technically, he's my sister's cat. However, never would I've imagined that I would be living with a feline.

4. Give back to the community

I've been going around, searching for ngos or communities (close to my heart) that I could volunteer with. I took a chance and applied to one. Still waiting for them to get back to me and hopefully I'm able to start soon. :)

5. Modelling?

Natural wind required. // Top & skirt by Zara. Shoes by Escada 
Never the type to pose my outfits and 'model' on instagram or any other social media. I would rather take other people's photos or hold the lighting for them. The last time I did that was years ago and it was a favour for a friend. You might see more of me here (Elixir by Zura Abdullah).

6. Minus debts, add savings

I'm not blessed with financial stability (as you may all know). And I'm not the type of person to actually ask for money. Unfortunately, I have the tendency of giving too much even if I only have so little in my wallet. That's my weakness. Eventually, I ended up seeing the negatives instead of the positives (math-wise). I'm determined to change that by end of the year. Those who owe me, this might be a good time to pay me back. Please?

7. Gym

I've signed up to Chi Fitness (thanks to my sister) and been trying to convince myself to start activating my muscles. I desperately need to get back to my workout schedule.

So much to do, so little time. :)

0 comments: